Offers classic aromas of wild strawberries and red currants, with a light, floral character and a crisp, bone-dry palate.
Commanderie de la Bargemone Rose
Founded by Templar knights in the 13th century, the property was named “Bargemone” after the wealthy Provencal family that owned it for 200 years. It passed from their hands in the 1800’s, with the vineyards finally succumbing to phylloxera, ending, temporarily, a proud 800 year tradition of winemaking. In 1973, French industrialist Jean-Pierre Rozan purchased the property, restored the Commanderie and replanted the vineyards. Production was up to 50,000 cases/year when Jean-Pierre passed away in 2006, and a controlling interest in the vineyards and winery was sold to current owners Christian and Marina Garin (both from local Provencal families).