Layers of dark fruit and crème de cassis, black pepper, roasted meat and mineral aromas on the nose. Big, rich, and full-bodied on the palate, with great intensity and concentration and a long, lingering finish.
Chateau Pegau Cuvee Reservee Rouge CDP
The brief history of Chateau Pegau begins with the long history of Domaine Pegau. There have been Ferauds (of French and Italian origin) growing vines in Chateauneuf-du-Pape since 1670. Paul was one of four children. Feeling that was too many he decided to have one child, and hit the jackpot with brilliant daughter Laurence. Paul spent the first half of his career cultivating his 17 acres of Chateauneuf-du-Pape. 90% of the production was sold in bulk to top Negociants; the remaining 10% was bottled as Cuvee Reserve, thus the origin of the name for the basic Chateauneuf.