A Member of Grapevine’s Family since February, 2004
After a brief stint working as a sheep herder in Zaire, James came across his first sip of wine in a café when he was 10.
It became his life.
From there, James jumped ship in Angola, and made his way to the Carolinas to start his proper career path. After working in Country Club and Restaurant Management in the Carolinas for several years, and getting a Hotel and Restaurant degree in Upstate NY, James began working for Grapevine back in 2004, and never looked back.
James received his Certified Specialist Wine title and became a Certified Sommelier a few years later and in 2011 attained his Wine Educator Certification.
Wine is his passion. When James is not working in the market, he is teaching classes or conducting tastings. When James vacations, he usually prefers to do it in wine country.
When you’re not finding him drinking wine, James prefers sleeping, eating, being at the dog track or just sitting at home working on his Maserati with his dog Blue.
- Napa and Sonoma Valley, California
- Willamette Valley, Oregon
- Columbia Valley, Washington
- Barossa and McLaren Vale, Australia
- Burgundy, Loire and Champagne, France
- Piedmont, Tuscany and Veneto, Italy
- Carignena, Penedes, Priorat, Ribero del Duero, Rioja and Navarra, Spain
- Certified Specialist Wine
- Certified Sommelier
- Wine Educator Certification